New SBCL versions are usually released at the end of each
month: check the Sourceforge File List to see the current version. The new features of the two most recent SBCL releases are listed below.
Please see the complete news page for details on all historical SBCL releases.
New in version 1.2.4Back to top
- enhancement: the sequence functions MAP, CONCATENATE and MERGE now call
the new generic functions SEQUENCE:MAP, SEQUENCE:CONCATENATE and
SEQUENCE:MERGE respectively when the specified result type designates an
- bug fix: Wrong binding order of supplied-p parameters in macro lambda
- bug fix: VALIDATE-SUPERCLASS returns T when the superclass is the
universal superclass (#1332983)
- bug fix: reading an uninterned symbol whose print name has the
syntax of an integer signals an error. (#310062)
- bug fix: the walker is less likely to be confused when walking LET* forms
with special bindings and use of those bindings and others of the same
- bug fix: a rare bug affecting 32-bit platforms resulting in a
fatal condition with the message "Globaldb rehash failure" has been fixed.
Older SBCL releases
New in version 1.2.3Back to top
- enhancement: DOCUMENTATION works on instances of
- enhancement: ASSERT reports arguments of calls to lexical functions in
additional to global functions.
- enhancement: ASDF updated to 3.1.3
- enhancement: UIOP can be loaded without ASDF.
- bug fix: some methods on CHANGE-CLASS did not finalize the new class
before accessing its class-precedence list.
- bug fix: CHANGE-CLASS no longer fails on unbound slots in the source
- bug fix: CHANGE-CLASS signals an appropriate error when the destination
class is a FORWARD-REFERENCED-CLASS.
- bug fix: CHANGE-CLASS no longer signals bogus TYPE-ERRORs for slots for
which initargs have been supplied.
- bug fix: saving cores on ARM was broken since the introduction of GENCGC.
- bug fix: macroexpanding a backquoted expression involving ",."
outside of the compiler failed. (#1354623)