New SBCL versions are usually released at the end of each
month: check the Sourceforge File List to see the current version. The new features of the two most recent SBCL releases are listed below.
Please see the complete news page for details on all historical SBCL releases.
New in version 1.3.8Back to top
- minor incompatible change: the system now understands that the CONDITION
type is disjoint with many other system types.
- minor incompatible change: argument types in condition report functions
are now declared (in combination with the above change, this can result in
early detection of erroneous code).
- enhancement: simple arrays of any rank can be stack-allocated
on platforms supporting stack allocation of vectors.
- optimization: improved type derivation for FIND, POSITION, COUNT, SEARCH,
MISMATCH and other array and sequence functions.
- optimization: ALLOCATE-INSTANCE is now as fast as MAKE-INSTANCE.
- optimization: more efficient CHANGE-CLASS.
- bug fix: versions of getresuid() and getresgid() in SB-POSIX no longer
cause memory faults, and should work properly (#1603806, reported by
- bug fix: handle ENOENT from getprotobyname() (#1596043, reported by
Older SBCL releases
New in version 1.3.7Back to top
- bug fix: preserve the name of the destructive function for the destroyed
constant and important result warnings, even when declared NOTINLINE.
- optimization: faster operations on list-sets.
- optimization: better type derivation of set functions.
- optimization: load-time TLS-INDEX assignment, and other
microoptimizations, on x86.
- optimizations in:
- REMOVE, REMOVE-DUPLICATES, DELETE and DELETE-DUPLICATES on lists.