New SBCL versions are usually released at the end of each
month: check the Sourceforge File List to see the current version. The new features of the two most recent SBCL releases are listed below.
Please see the complete news page for details on all historical SBCL releases.
New in version 1.3.17Back to top
- enhancement: memory overhead from the garbage collector's metadata
is reduced on 64-bit architectures; no change for 32-bit.
- enhancement: further garbage collector speedups affecting
pinned objects on conservative backends, and simple-vectors.
- enhancement: on Linux a custom handler for SIGSEGV can be called
for page faults outside of dynamic space by changing the C symbol
- bug fix: sb-cover does not lose source positions for AND/OR/COND.
- bug fix: random disassembler failures. (#1527931)
- The bundled sb-md5 contrib has been updated to release 2.0.4
which is licensed under Creative Commons CC0 per author's statement
(Refer to NEWS and COPYING in the contrib/sb-md5 subdirectory)
Older SBCL releases
New in version 1.3.16Back to top
- optimization: various small tweaks give around 5% faster garbage
- bug fix: better detection of when an impossible code path does
not need a warning. (#1668619)
- bug fix: stronger attempts to disable position-independent
executable building. (#1668986, patch from Mark Wright)
- bug fix: OPEN :IF-EXISTS NIL signalled a condition on Windows.
(#1674437, reported by Jan Idzikowski)