New SBCL versions are usually released at the end of each
month: check the Sourceforge File List to see the current version. The new features of the two most recent SBCL releases are listed below.
Please see the complete news page for details on all historical SBCL releases.
New in version 1.1.14Back to top
- optimization: complicated TYPEP tests are less opaque to the type
propagation pass. (#1229340)
- optimization: [N]BUTLAST perform a single pass over the list. (#1245697)
- optimization: EQUALP on structures with raw slots (double-float/complex)
no longer conses and is faster.
- optimization: RESTART-CASE expands to more compact code.
Thanks to Jan Moringen. (#1249055)
- enhancement: Top-level defmethod without defgeneric no longer causes
undefined-function warnings in subsequent forms. (#503095)
- enhancement: Better error messages for system errors on Windows.
- enhancement: run-sbcl.sh is usefully handled by rlwrap. Thanks to William
- enhancement: new function SB-EXT:ASSERT-VERSION->= accepts a version
specification (multiple integer arguments) and signals a continuable error
if the current SBCL version is lower (older) than the specification.
- enhancement: better ARRAY-RANK result derivation. (#1252108)
- bug fix: EQUALP now compares correctly structures with raw slots larger
than a single word.
- bug fix: contribs couldn't be built on Windows with MinGW.
- bug fix: Better pathname handling on Windows. (#922117)
- bug fix: OPEN reports a more meaningful error when an existing file is
opened for output with :if-exists :new-version. Thanks to Philip
- bug fix: DEFSTRUCTs with NIL as a slot name no longer cause strange
CLOS-related errors. (#633911)
- bug fix: GC deadlocks caused by concurrent consing on Windows.
Older SBCL releases
New in version 1.1.13Back to top
- optimization: better distribution of SXHASH over small conses of related
- other improvements to SXHASH:
- use the whole of the positive-fixnum range for SXHASH of fixnums
- enhancement: The error message when calling an undefined alien function
includes the name of the function on x86-64.
- enhancement: sb-ext:run-program now supports :environment on Windows.
- enhancement: ASDF is no longer required to load contribs at runtime.
- enhancement: when called with a symbol, FIND-RESTART no longer calls
COMPUTE-RESTARTS, making it faster and cons less (#769615)
- enhancement: FIND-RESTART and COMPUTE-RESTARTS handle huge restart
clusters better in some cases
- enhancement: SOME/ANY/other quantification higher-order functions no
longer cons. (#1070635)
- bug fix: forward references to classes in fasls can now be loaded.
- bug fix: don't warn on a interpreted->compiled function redefinition
from the same location. (patch by Douglas Katzman, #1042405)
- bug fix: Create vectors of proper internal length when reading literal
vectors from FASLs. (Reported by Jan Moringen)
- bug fix: COMPILE can now successfully compile setf functions.
(Reported by Douglas Katzman)
- bug fix: run-program performs more correct escaping of arguments on
- bug fix: function-lambda-expression on generic functions returns the
- bug fix: (the [type] [constant]) now warns when [constant] matches
[type] except for the number of values. (Reported by Nathan Trapuzzano
- bug fix: signal errors in required cases of slot-definition initialization
- bug fix: run-sbcl.sh works better in the presence of symlinks on OS X.
(thanks to Stelian Ionescu, #1242643)
- bug fix: when given a restart object, FIND-RESTART checks whether the
restart is active and, when a condition is supplied, whether the restart
is associated to a different condition (#774410)