New SBCL versions are usually released at the end of each
month: check the Sourceforge File List to see the current version. The new features of the two most recent SBCL releases are listed below.
Please see the complete news page for details on all historical SBCL releases.
New in version 1.3.5Back to top
- enhancement: the platform's strtod() is exposed as SB-POSIX:STRTOD
- enhancement: speed up debug info creation for highly nested functions.
- enhancement: the interleaved structure slot optimization from
release 1.2.6 has been ported to all architectures.
- enhancement: support run-program I/O redirection into lisp streams on
- bug fix: better wording in missed optimization note. (#1003265)
- bug fix: interpreted (CAS SVREF) was broken
- bug fix: support CLISP as build host for ARM (#1568256, thanks to Tomas
Older SBCL releases
New in version 1.3.4Back to top
- enhancement: who-sets and who-references work on DEFGLOBAL. (#1552997)
- enhancement: CONSTANTP understands backquote.
e.g. (CONSTANTP '`(0 (,CHAR-CODE-LIMIT))) => T
- optimization: improvements to sequence functions: CONCATENATE, SUBSTITUTE,
- bug fix: SB-EVAL does not signal an error for (THE KEYWORD :FOO)
- bug fix: a DEFTYPE name that is redefined into a DEFSTRUCT name
is less likely to cause confusion in the compiler.
- bug fix: DOCUMENTATION works as intended for classes with non-standard
- bug fix: (TYPEP <extended-sequence> <extended-sequence-class>) no longer
returns NIL in certain situations
- bug fix: MAKE-SEQUENCE, MAP, CONCATENATE and MERGE accept class objects as
- bug fix: MAKE-SEQUENCE, MAP, CONCATENATE and MERGE expand DEFTYPEs in