New SBCL versions are usually released at the end of each
month: check the Sourceforge File List to see the current version. The new features of the two most recent SBCL releases are listed below.
Please see the complete news page for details on all historical SBCL releases.
New in version 1.1.7Back to top
- enhancement: TRACE :PRINT-ALL handles multiple-valued forms.
- bug fix: :allocation slot option works for condition slots
- bug fix: redefining conditions does not lead to multiple evaluations of
hairy slot initfunctions anymore (#1164969)
- bug fix: CLASS-DIRECT-DEFAULT-INITARGS now works for condition classes
- bug fix: function constants now work as initforms and default initarg
values of conditions (#539517)
- bug fix: svref/(setf svref) on symbol macros don't crash the compiler
anymore. (Minimal test case provided by James M. Lawrence on sbcl-devel)
- bug fix: no more bogus ## references when pretty printing backquoted
forms with non-trivial structure sharing. (#1161218)
- bug fix: Don't signal an error on (setf (documentation nil 'function)
"doc"). Signal a style-warning instead when trying to set documentation
of NIL for all other documentation types. (Reported by Zach
Beane; regression since 2e52fa05.)
- bug fix: modular arithmetic involving large constants and conditionals
should no longer result in spurious dead code elimination. (Reported by
- bug fix: our mach exception handler can seemingly called very early in
the program execution process on OS X 10.8.0. Try and handle that case
robustly, without potentially leaking mach ports too much.
- optimization: LOGBITP and LOGTEST optimizations from x86 ported to x86_64.
Older SBCL releases
New in version 1.1.6Back to top
- enhancement: the continuable error when defknown-ing over extant
fndb entries can be ignored by passing :overwrite-fndb-silently t
as a keyword argument to sb-c:defknown (after attributes). Useful
to allow defknown to be re-loaded. Use with :allow-other-keys t
for backward compatibility.
- optimization: compiler is much faster in compiling SVREF and (SETF SVREF)
- bug fix: Prevent a make-array transform from modifying source forms
causing problems for inlined code. Thanks to Bart Botta.
(regression since 22.214.171.124-bis)
- bug fix: clear-output calls the correct gray stream routine,
- bug fix: an error is signalled for an invalid format modifier: ~<~@>.
- bug fix: Better error messages for package operations (#1154776)
- bug fix: delete-package on a nonexistent package should signal a cerror.
(regression since 126.96.36.199).
- bug fix: accessing &MORE (stack allocated &REST) arguments checks bounds.
- bug fix: compiling make-array no longer signals an error when the
element-type is an uknown type, a warning is issued instead.
Thanks to James Kalenius (#1156095)
- bug fix: SEARCH on generic (non-VECTOR non-LIST) sequence types no longer
produces wrong results for some inputs. (Thanks to Jan Moringen.)