New SBCL versions are usually released at the end of each
month: check the Sourceforge File List to see the current version. The new features of the two most recent SBCL releases are listed below.
Please see the complete news page for details on all historical SBCL releases.
New in version 1.1.17Back to top
- enhancement: printing backtraces respects
SB-DEBUG:*DEBUG-PRINT-VARIABLE-ALIST* when printing call arguments
- optimization: defstruct out-of-line accessor are now as fast as inlined.
- bug fix: INVOKE-RESTART-INTERACTIVELY no longer refuses to invoke RESTART
instances with a test-function (reported by Vivitron in #sbcl)
- bug fix: STREAM-ERROR-POSITION-INFO fails in fewer situations (#1264902)
- bug fix: Change COND error message (#1254511)
- bug fix: LOAD is no longer confused when called on a directory.
- bug fix: MAKE-CONDITION reports names of missing condition classes
- bug fix: restore building with clang. (#1293643)
- bug fix: restore building on SPARC (broken since 1.1.15).
- bug fix: improved FreeBSD support.
- bug fix: PPC floating point conversion corrupted stack.
Older SBCL releases
New in version 1.1.16Back to top
- minor incompatible change: improve read/print consistency for pathnames on
Win32, by using the circumflex character #\^ as the escape character.
- enhancement: SB-EXT:DEFINE-LOAD-TIME-GLOBAL. (#1253688)
- enhancement: Loading fasls with symbols from an undefined package includes
the name of the symbol in the error message.
- bug fix: problems when redefining classes and doing TYPEP on classes
- bug fixes to the x86-64 XCHG instruction:
- it was misencoded when used with RAX, R8-R15 registers. (reported by
- it was misencoded when used to exchange EAX with itself.
- the disassembler wrongly printed XCHG RAX, R8 and the corresponding
32- and 16-bit variations as NOP.
- bug fix: the disassembler outputs source annotations in the right place
and no longer randomly drops some of them. (#1249205)
- bug fix: fix commutative-arg-swap from introducing undumpable structures
into code, prevent code with errors from being compiled. (#1276282)
- bug fix: pathnames with :back in their directory component are succeffully
- bug fix: the deterministic profiler now uses ENCAPSULATE functionality to
wrap functions around. (#309086)