New SBCL versions are usually released at the end of each
month: check the Sourceforge File List to see the current version. The new features of the two most recent SBCL releases are listed below.
Please see the complete news page for details on all historical SBCL releases.
New in version 1.2.3Back to top
- enhancement: DOCUMENTATION works on instances of
- enhancement: ASSERT reports arguments of calls to lexical functions in
additional to global functions.
- enhancement: ASDF updated to 3.1.3
- enhancement: UIOP can be loaded without ASDF.
- bug fix: some methods on CHANGE-CLASS did not finalize the new class
before accessing its class-precedence list.
- bug fix: CHANGE-CLASS no longer fails on unbound slots in the source
- bug fix: CHANGE-CLASS signals an appropriate error when the destination
class is a FORWARD-REFERENCED-CLASS.
- bug fix: CHANGE-CLASS no longer signals bogus TYPE-ERRORs for slots for
which initargs have been supplied.
- bug fix: saving cores on ARM was broken since the introduction of GENCGC.
- bug fix: macroexpanding a backquoted expression involving ",."
outside of the compiler failed. (#1354623)
Older SBCL releases
New in version 1.2.2Back to top
- incompatible change: the #\` ("backquote") reader macro was reimplemented
to support robust pretty-printing. Reading a form involving #\` produces
an invocation of the QUASIQUOTE ordinary macro which may contain subforms
that are not lists. Code that unportably attempts operations on
un-evaluated forms resulting therefrom, e.g.
(SUBST a b (read-from-string "`(x (,y))"))
might generate incorrect results and/or errors.
- enhancement: support for GNU/kFreeBSD x86.
- enhancement: ATOMIC-INCF and ATOMIC-DECF can operate on (CAR x), (CDR x)
and DEFGLOBAL variables of type fixnum.
- enhancement: arithmetic constant reduction is now performed on defconstant
constants too. (#1337069).
- bug fix: certain ftype proclamations containing &optional t &rest t no
longer cause subsequent definitions to signal bogus style-warnings.
- bug fix: #\Bell and #\Bel now read to different characters. (#1319452).
- bug fix: CAS SYMBOL-VALUE on locally special variables didn't work.