New SBCL versions are usually released at the end of each
month: check the Sourceforge File List to see the current version. The new features of the two most recent SBCL releases are listed below.
Please see the complete news page for details on all historical SBCL releases.
New in version 1.3.10Back to top
- enhancement: more compact low-level error signaling code
- enhancement: more compact encoding of cross-reference information
- optimization: faster out of line fixnum-float comparisons.
- optimization: filling a known simple-vector with a constant value
is about as fast in unoptimized code as in code compiled with (SPEED 3),
and the x86-64 implementation is able to use SSE instructions.
- bug fix: correctly handle the case of a non-local exit within a function
terminating the extent of dynamic-extent functions and variables in the
presence of multiple-values (#1563127)
- bug fix: restore builds on the latest OSX with the latest Xcode
Older SBCL releases
New in version 1.3.9Back to top
- minor incompatible change: NAMESTRING prefers to return a BASE-STRING
instead of (ARRAY CHARACTER (*)) when possible.
- enhancement: cached make-instance/allocate-instance constructors can now
get garbage collected.
- optimization: better performance for some unoptimized operations on
- bug fix: using the options :LOCAL-NICKNAMES and :LOCK in the same
DEFPACKAGE form no longer signals a bogus error