New SBCL versions are usually released at the end of each
month: check the Sourceforge File List to see the current version. The new features of the two most recent SBCL releases are listed below.
Please see the complete news page for details on all historical SBCL releases.
New in version 1.2.7Back to top
- optimization: returning constant values refers to preboxed constants
more reliably. (#1398785)
- enhancement: a STYLE-WARNING is produced if a compiler-macro is defined
for a function after at least one ordinary (not inlined) call to that
function was compiled, indicating a likely compilation order problem.
Likewise a warning ensues if a call is compiled to a function
that is subsequently proclaimed INLINE.
- enhancement: always lose() when something goes wrong while saving a core
(instead of just printing an error on stderr in some situations).
- enhancement: frames in the debugger are now restartable by default.
- bug fix: restore error handling on Windows x86.
- bug fix: MAKE-SEQUENCE detects type errors in its :INITIAL-ELEMENT
at compile-time when possible. (#330299)
- bug fix: parsing of malformed type specifiers no longer results
in a memory-fault-error.
- bug fix: LOOP properly destructures nested lists in WITH.
- bug fix: MACROEXPANDing the redefinition of an alien structure type no
longer signals the wrong error.
- bug fix: PROGV doesn't get confused by forced DEBUG 3 (#1405456).
Older SBCL releases
New in version 1.2.6Back to top
- enhancement: SERVE-EVENTS uses the poll() system call in lieu of
select() if the OS has the former. Previously poll() was used
only if waiting on exactly one file descriptor.
- enhancement: efficiency of access to untagged structure slots is improved
on x86-64, and the order of slots in memory is exactly as specified by
defstruct, simplifying use of structures as arguments to foreign calls.
- bug fix: SB-DEBUG:ARG now works in all TRACE options which evaluate forms.
- bug fix: GC memory corruption during internal memory handling.
- bug fix: duplicate effective-slot-definition objects as compared
by EQ on name could be present in CLASS-SLOTS of a class whose
metaclass was structure-class or condition-class. (#1049423)
- bug fix: HANDLER-BIND with empty bindings works again; regression in
- bug fix: ATOMIC-INCF works on structure slots in interpreted code.
- bug fix: MAKE-ARRAY properly handles character types like (eql #\a) and
(member #\a #\c). (#1392068)
- bug fix: READ sometimes accidentally preserved a whitespace character
after a token when it should not have. (#327790)